Sunday, October 7, 2012

Challenge: Week 2

Week 1 Update: 
I successfully completed the breakfast challenge last week.  Although he didn't say it out loud, I know the hubster was impressed.   Sunday was the biggest day, but a couple of other times this week I made B&G bacon and biscuits.  Hopefully I can keep the momentum going as I begin this week's challenge!

Challenge: Week 2
Typically I will hit snooze each morning for about 36 minutes (snooze alarm goes off every 9 minutes, I hit it at least 4 times)... it drives my husband crazy and I know it is not good for me.  So, my goal this week is to wake up without hitting snooze. Remember we are doing baby steps, so I'll start with 3 work days. This is upping the ante quite a bit. Sleep is a prized possession for me - and I am definitely NOT a morning person.

Borrowed image from Google Images
Why do I need to wake up earlier?  To allow myself a few minutes of 'awake time' to prepare mentally for going to work, rather than flying out of bed and rushing around like a mad woman. Oh, and this would help allow time for breakfast making.


Why don't I wake up earlier?  I am weak.  Why does it seem like the few extra minutes (of lying around dreading the inevitable sound of the alarm going off again) will give me the boost I need to tackle the day? I have a real alarm clock beside my bed and I torture myself further by using my cell phone as a separate alarm. Clearly - it doesn't help.


Any ideas out there to ease the pain of waking up?  Most of you are thinking, "go to bed earlier".  I've found it doesn't matter what time I go to bed - it is equally dreadful.  

And... because I like lists, I will be keeping track of the weekly challenge successes (and probably failures) here.

  • Challenge: Week 2,  No snooze button for 3 workdays
  • Challenge: Week 1, Breakfast for 3 days Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment