Sunday, September 30, 2012

Challenge: Week 1


Breakfast of champions?

This morning I was preparing breakfast for the hubs and I realized that EASTER was the last time that I made a hot, sit down breakfast for James.  Whoa, talk about undomesticated.  I've never proclaimed to be a great housewife (mostly because I. am. not.), but going six months without cooking breakfast = L-A-Z-Y, Lazy.

So, I resolve today to do better by taking baby steps.  Each week, I'm going to give myself a challenge and have y'all help hold me accountable.  Although I believe that week really should be labeled Monday-Sunday (saving the best days of the week for last), somebody way before I was around decided that the calendar should be Sunday-Saturday.  So, I will honor the calendar and run my weekly challenges Sunday-Saturday.  I know, I know, who thinks about this crap? I do.

Anyway, back to business.

Challenge: Week 1
I will make breakfast 3 times this week.  Not necessarily a big breakfast, but something. Today counts as one.  Since we are talking baby steps, I'm only trying this out for one week, but maybe this will kick start more continuity around here.

We bought the bacon from a school fundraiser (Blue and Gold = Yum-O)  and it is now going to be put to use!  My hash browns never look like the package - maybe I should try shredding my own hash browns from a real potato (still thinking baby steps - let's not get crazy!), and hopefully as I continue practicing, my egg yolks will not break.  The biscuits are beautiful, right?  Not homemade, came straight from the scary, loud, pops when you least expect it, can.







What do you do for breakfast?







No comments:

Post a Comment