Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Wicked Witch > Dorothy

If you knew me in real life...

You'd know that I am a huge fan of all things The Wizard of Oz.  One of my closest friends, Adriana, took me to see Wicked: The Musical for Christmas one year.  Best. Christmas. gift. ever.  Front row, center seats y'all. I love the 'wicked' witch - more than Dorothy.   I now own the Wicked soundtrack and know 80% of the words to the entire CD.  The other 20% I don't know because I always skip to the tracks I love the most - everyone does that, right?




If you knew me in real life....

You'd know that I am a ketchup fanatic.  I eat it with everything - there are very few exceptions to this.  My absolute favorite thing to have ketchup on is corn bread and grilled cheese sandwiches.  Yummo!  Oh, and Heinz is my favorite brand - yes, there is a difference.






If you knew me in real life....

You'd know that board/card games are a true passion of mine.  I think I love them so much because playing games is one of my happiest memories as a child.  My extended family would meet almost every weekend to play Dominos - I can still hear my dad yelling - "Domi-nik-a-chicken!"(made up word) as he slammed his winning domino on the table. They were super serious about these games. I wasn't usually invited to play, but I would pull up a chair beside my mom to watch and be the waitress by refilling their coffee.  This would go on for hours and I loved it!

My dad's competitiveness rubbed off on me.  As much as I try not to be - I am SO competitive.  It's bad y'all.  I was baby-sitting Ashley's kids a couple of weeks ago (8 and 4 year old) and I had to privately remind myself that they were just kids and this was just a game. After I lost twice - I was done - we moved on to the next game and I made sure it was something complicated enough that they had no chance of winning. I know - personal character flaw. I'm working on it.

Here's a glimpse of some games I own.  I know it is messy - don't judge. Any organization ideas? Seems like the only place I've ever seen games is on the top shelves of people's closets.

My favorite games are Monopoly, Phase 10, Skip-Bo, and Payday.


If you are paying close attention, you'll notice that my Monopoly game has duct tape on the corners.  That is because this game has been around since 1972 (before I was born)!  Some people have nice China as a family heirloom - I have Monopoly :)


What are your favorite games?



No comments:

Post a Comment