Monday, September 10, 2012

Perfect Age?

I follow several blogs.

I'm not sure at which point you move from following into stalking, but I like to check in oh... every. day.  I love to read about other people lives.  Lately, I've been following blogs that are written by mothers - maybe that is why I am for the first time in my entire life -- seriously considering having children.  I've always thought I'd have them - it just never occurred to me until now that I better get started soon!

I was the youngest child - my mom was 30 years old when she had me - I thought that was ancient.  She was a real home body and didn't enjoy shopping and social outings.  She was also prematurely gray headed, so many questioned whether she was my mother or my grandmother.  Depending on the day - I told people she was my grandmother (sorry mom!!).  I always told myself that I would have kids much sooner than 30, so that I would be a "cool mom".    Now I realize that you can be a shopaholic and social queen at 45 - so age really didn't matter for having fun.   I also realize that there is much more to parenting than going to the mall and having 500 friends acquaintances.  Now Facebook fulfills that dream - ha.

So, what is the perfect age to have children?

Of course I realize that this will vary from person to person based on circumstances and preferences, but I wish that my fairy godmother would wave her wand and tell me what will work out best for me.... oh, and my husband too!


Bippidi boppity boo!



Okay - in all seriousness, I don't think we're ready.  But listen y'all... just thinking it out loud on the world wide web is a big step! 



On the agenda tomorrow: CAKES 




No comments:

Post a Comment