Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Scratch and Sniff



First things first... I am on DAY 4 without any coke!  I'm craving it like crazy and just when I think I'm about to give in, I think about how I cannot bear to admit to the world wide web that I have failed.  So - I am still coke free.  Let me tell you a story...

My hubby and I have been trying to find ways to do things together without overspending.  With the holidays around the corner, we know we've got to be good.  (I'm pretty sure next week's challenge will have something to do with budgets)  So, I stumbled upon some old gift cards and found one for AMC theaters.  It was for $25 and I was sure this would be plenty for 2 movie goers... 

image source
When we used this card, the ticket taker started scratching and sniffing the card. He went on and on about how these smelled so wonderful.  We thought he was nuts, but enjoyed his enthusiasm.  So, guess what? I went to the AMC website to snatch this pic, and sure enough.... it is a scratch and sniff gift card. Smells like popcorn, y'all! I guess we were the idiots.
After 2 tickets, medium popcorn, the hubster a sprite (he thought this was more supportive than ordering a coke),  and me a icee (not coke and it wasn't very good), we still spent $12. OMG.  $37 at the theater on a Monday night!  It turned out to be worth it though because we had the entire auditorium to ourselves as we sat down for Argo and it was an excellent movie.   

And the biggest win of the night...
I'm not sure if there is anywhere else in the world that I'd rather have a coke than the movie theaters, and I conquered it this time!  Granted, it wasn't a healthy replacement.. baby steps.








No comments:

Post a Comment