Friday, October 19, 2012

Forgetful

I have the 'remember' gene of a 95 year old.

My long term memory is crystal clear - just ask anyone I'm holding a grudge against.  But my short term memory is horrible.  Remember yesterday when I gave you all the reasons James and I do not ride to work together? If not, you can review that here

I need to add this to the reasons we should not ride to work together: I forget things and have to turn around often.  

On Monday, I got all the way to work - coke and snap into it Slim Jim (oh yeah!) in hand, walked all the way to my desk and realized... I do not have my laptop!  I had to take the walk of shame into my boss's office and explain that I had once again forgot my laptop at home.  She was very understanding, but I was still embarrassed.

Then, on Wednesday, we were celebrating 3 managers birthdays with an indian taco lunch.  I was determined that I would not forget to prepare purchase the items I was responsible for: shredded cheese,  sour cream, lettuce, and onions. I know - tough stuff; I'm still pulling the whole "I'm too young and inexperienced to make real food" and it is still working ;)  I assume I'll be able to pull that off until I have kids.  

So, on my way home from work Tuesday, before my wonderful anniversary dinner, I stopped by Braums to pick up these important items.  I hurried home, put them in containers - even chopped the onions myself (tear), and then put them in fridge.  Then Wednesday morning, 20 minutes into my drive to work when my stomach was growling and I was already thinking about lunch, I realized I forgot again!  So, I called my peer to let her know I'd be late. Once I finally made it in, I was teased by my team about being so forgetful. I'm the youngest one in the office by the way.

On a good note, every time I have to turn around and come home - I get one more minute with my awesome dog Oliver!




No comments:

Post a Comment