Saturday, June 29, 2013

Scrapping Success

I told y'all I was preparing for a Scrapbooking trip.  Last week I spent 3 days finally utilizing the supplies I got nearly 3 years ago!  I went with my SIL, Jeni and 3 of her friends, Rhonda, Sunny, and Caroline.  I could not have asked for a better group of ladies to spend a few days with. They were so helpful and generous.. funny too!

The place we stayed at was perfect for a group of scrapbookers. We each had a couple of 6 foot tables to work from and we pushed them together so we could see each other.  There was also a ton of lighting, check out all those lamps!




It may look like a bunch of stuff, but I definitely had the least amount of products. I was amazed at how much my fellow scrapbookers have accumulated throughout the years! Thankfully we shared between each other and they helped me with ideas.  

We stayed up until about 3am each night and were back at it by 9am the following day.  We even had our food catered, so we didn't have to worry about leaving to get anything. Turns out that this was a good plan because we were literally in the middle of nowhere off of a dirt road.

You would think that with 3 solid days of scrapbooking, I'd have 5 complete books made... wrong.  I'm not even done with my first one.  This trip I worked on my wedding events - turns out I had a lot of them.... my poor bridesmaids!!! 

I completed engagement photos, bridesmaid brunch, bridal shower, couples 50's "sock hop" shower, bachelorette party, rehearsal dinner, and the slumber party the night before the wedding.  



You're seeing 2 different pages, the top one is just a different size. This is called an "insert".
 Just a little srapbooking lingo if you ever need it :)


I put together the flowers myself (pat on back)



This picture is a little blurry, but it's one of my favorite pages. 
I didn't even get to the actual wedding or our honeymoon! I guess that will be my next project in November when we plan to go on another trip.

I think I may have actually found a hobby that I'll stick with.  I really wish that my parents had something like this that I could look at, so I think my future kids will appreciate it one day :)



No comments:

Post a Comment