Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Girls Night and a Dive Bar

Friday night was Girl's Night.  We went to a local place called Paint and Palette.  We bought this on a Groupon (surprise, surprise).  Because we were procrastinators, we had very few options for which painting we'd do, so we settled for the OKC skyline.    Don't get me wrong - I love our skyline, but this rendition was not my favorite.  Here's my work in progress...

Blank canvass, clean table

OKC outline

Finished product
 I am not a fan.  I thought the last painting I did in Tulsa was much more fun to do. You can read about that here.

Ashley, Kendall, Me, Angela, Elizabeth
The company was wonderful though! We have all been friends since Junior High.  Can you believe that?!  I love these girls!

We were starving by the time we left the art studio, so we ventured over to Toby Keith's.  The one man band was pretty good and the food was amazing!
This stage is inside Toby Keith's I Love This Bar and Grill.
If I'm lucky, I can talk people into dancing with me :)

We parted ways after dinner and Ashley and I found ourselves alone - both husbands were gone.  We tried to call them to come home, but they were having too much fun out with their friends. So, we met up with them.  They wanted to go to a bar that we've never been to before... and this note was on the entrance door!

Appropriate Dress Required. No Sagging.  NO GANG COLORS!
OMG.  What were we doing here?!!
It turned out to be a cozy hole in the wall dive bar, but I will NOT be going there alone. Ever.



No comments:

Post a Comment