Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Future Runner?

Several times when I've gone to Tulsa, Adriana has wanted to go for a walk/run. She lives right off of the river and they have an awesome running trail.  I'm always ill-prepared (no shoes, sports bra, etc), so we've only gone twice (and I got blisters) and I whined a lot.  

Adriana is an avid runner.  She runs half marathons.  The most running I've done lately is a quick jog from the kitchen to my bedroom in the middle of the night because I'm convinced someone is watching me through our dining room sliding door window (that's a post for another day).  What I'm trying to say is, I can barely walk for an extended period of time, let alone run.  

We've tried to go to Fleet Feet (runner specialty store) the last couple of times I went to Tulsa and it just never worked out.  So, for Christmas Adriana gave me a gift card to Fleet Feet. She was very generous, so I had enough for a pair of running shoes (which we know for me will be walking shoes for now).  She even called to make sure they'd be open on New Year's day so we could get the shoes before I left town. Fool proof, right?

Naturally - it didn't work out as planned.  They were open from noon-3pm, so we go there right at noon.  Within about 15 minutes of being there, the store turned into a madhouse.  Apparently they were doing a 'Fun Run', which sounds like an oxymoron to me... at least for my currently out of shape, lazy body. Working on changing that!



There were still people there to help us with our purchases, but turns out - they didn't have the shoes in stock that I needed.  So, I ended up with a sports bra that will hold me in place, an armband for my iPhone, and some new ear buds that stay put. 

Hopefully listening to music will distract me from the fact
that I'm working out :)

I promised Adriana I would go to OK Runner in Norman to get some running shoes... and I did!


Pretty slick, right?

I'm linking up with Mel's blog today!  If you are visiting - WELCOME! These shoes are Brooks Adrenaline GTS 13. So far, I love them! Super comfy and light.

Now that I have the proper attire, I guess it is time to get moving!  







2 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining the linkup! There was a lot of information in all those posts from everyone...I never knew how important it was to get the right running shoe. You picked a great pair...I almost bought those yesterday! You can't go wrong with Brooks, they've pretty much mastered running shoes :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! I just completed my first walk/jog in them and I am happy with them so far :)

      Delete