Wednesday, November 21, 2012

A Weekend Away

The last couple of weekends, I've been really busy being everywhere but home.

I caught up on some time with Adriana (college roommate). This was a well thought out trip because our schedules always conflict. We seriously planned this 2 months out.  Anticipating my arrival, Adriana found a painting class for us to go to on Friday.  Friday's are pretty tricky for me because it is a 50/50 chance whether or not I can make it out of work on time.  Naturally, because I'd tried so hard to leave on time, everything that could have gone wrong at work - did.  I left 2 hours later than scheduled and then ran into this...




I was so behind that Adriana had to get started on my painting without me while I drove to Tulsa.  It ended up working out and being so much fun! We drank beer and painted.  The room was filled with about 50 painters - it was a really cool atmosphere, mostly 20 and 30 somethings, super laid back.  Right up my alley to wind down a stressful week.

We found that we don't take direction too well, but our pictures turned out okay.




The next day we relaxed, went to the movies, then shopping, then to this awesome new bar called Valkarie.  They had the coolest setup - it had a sophisticated look and they made drinks with beakers and eyedroppers. What more could you ask for?! Adriana and I indulged in a hot mulled wine. So good.

You can't really tell here, but this is piping hot and has a cinnamon stick in it. Perfection.

I was trying to take this picture without looking like a tourist.



Check out the size of their ice cubes!

We will be going back there next time I'm in Tulsa.   We had such a great time - I really miss being roommates with Adriana.  I could not have asked for a better weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment