Friday, November 23, 2012

Food, Black Friday and Family

Food, Black Friday and Family..

We usually do a traditional Thanksgiving with James's family - but this year we agreed to go to a local restaurant, Chequers.  They had a Thanksgiving special - it covered most of the traditional Thanksgiving items and was apparently all you can eat.



Luckily they accepted reservations, so we only had a to wait about 15 minutes as opposed to the 2.5 hr wait people had at Golden Coral. The best part of eating out.. we didn't have to clean a single dish!   

After a big lunch, I went home to take a nap in preparation for Black Friday (or gray Thursday, whichever) shopping!! I was so excited I don't think I got even 5 minutes of sleep.  Before I knew it, it was time to go!

We started at Walmart at 7pm... here's a glimpse of what it looked like. Pallets of product down the aisles.  Since Ashley and I are Olympian Black Friday goers, of course we knew where everything would be... movies next to produce, toys next to electronics, cookware next cards, etc.

People were lined up by their favorite products.  Walmart workers
 were everywhere protecting items in the plastic wrap until 8pm.

We had this in our cart well before 8pm. We felt like
 rebels for loading it up early. 

Next stop, Target.  Oh man... I think everyone had the same game plan as us.  Seems like the same people we stood in line with at Walmart, we were standing with at Target.  This is not a 24x7 Target, so we had to wait outside for the doors to open.  We couldn't have asked for better weather though. Last year it was SO cold - below 32 degrees cold.  It's been unnaturally warm for November so far.

The line outside lasted: 45 minutes.  
The line inside to check out: 1.5 hrs!


We went to Sears, Kohls and Ulta too!  Since Black Friday started so early on Thanksgiving day, we were home by 1:30am, but I was beat. Despite being so worn out from shopping, I didn't sleep well. So I laid around until nearly noon before getting ready for Thanksgiving, round 2.

We went to my aunt's house in Norman for dinner with my family - I didn't get a picture of the food, but it was delicious!  My mom brought the egg noodles we'd made the weekend before.  That's right, homemade egg noodles, YUM!

Me with my cousin Megan

I swung by Bass Pro Shop on my way home to pick up a couple of items. That place was packed! They had a really cool set up for pictures with Santa.  I too old for pictures with Santa? I hope not.

I'm not sure what the occasion was, but on my way back to my car, there were fireworks - and I. LOVE. FIREWORKS!


I can't ever seem to get a good picture of fireworks..
must be a lighting issue.

Hope everyone has enjoyed the last couple of days - I love this time of year!


No comments:

Post a Comment