Monday, November 26, 2012

New Appliance and Green Eggs & Ham


We recently bought a 1/2 a pig from Ashley's dad, so we've been eating a lot of pork lately. I can't believe how much I like it!  I've never been a big pork eater, but this is GOOD.

To accommodate the pork and the beef we have coming in a couple of months, we needed a new freezer for the garage.  So, out with the old....


In with the new...



We have about 125 pounds of pork in here! 

With all the extra pork, I've been trying to get creative with ways to cook it.  I like Dr. Seuss. So... a few mornings ago, I decided green eggs and ham were appropriate.


The eggs turned out REALLY green, so it made them a little hard to eat. They bright yellow plate didn't help.  It tasted just like regular scrambled eggs, but putting eggs that color in your mouth seemed strange.

Maybe this will be something I do for my kids one day...



No comments:

Post a Comment