Sunday, December 2, 2012

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!


It's been a fun week of decorating - so I have to share!

Here's my Christmas tree - it isn't the fullest tree, but it's 7.5 feet tall and has a ton of lights.  I love it!

What I don't love though... and neither does the husband, is the tree topper.  My former tree topper broke :( so I purchased these glittery tinsel things (I'm not sure how else to describe it) from Hobby Lobby to come out of the top.  I had a good idea, but it didn't quite turn out like the perfect department store tree I'd envisioned.  James said it looks like our tree is a volcano with lava spewing out of the top... I see what he's talking about, but I'm choosing to ignore it.

I don't know why this looks tilted - I promise it is standing straight.
I'm pretty themed about my decorations in the living room - everything is red, green and gold.  I love the traditional look.  Here's my mantle before my stockings were hung.


 I love ornaments and try to pick up new ones every new place I go. Here are a few that I love. This one is one that I had made in memory of my dad - his name is engraved on the back.

Merry Christmas from Heaven.  I love you all dearly, Now don't shed a tear,
I'm spending my Christmas with Jesus this year. 


My mom gives me University of Oklahoma ornaments every year - I love how my collection is growing.
This is my newest one. 


I have about 10 Nutcrackers on my tree 


Even my dog has an ornament on the tree!  


This is the oldest ornament on the tree - it is at least 30 years old.  Our tree at my mom's used to be covered in these. This one somehow made it to my collection and I'm glad it did. Great memories!


I have 2 wreaths this year. This one is what I usually put on the outside of my door, but since I have a new one, I hung this one on the inside.



This is the wreath I made last weekend - do you like it?! I saw a few at the craft fairs I've been to this year and decided I'd give it a shot.  I think it turned out well.

This is hung on the outside of my front door.  It is too big to fit on my wood door behind the glass door, so I had to hang it outside.  I hope the weather doesn't ruin it.


Christ is born!


Our stockings are hung by the chimney with care...




 And last, but not least - my favorite picture.  I bought this last year from Kirklands, and I am head over heals about it!  This iPhone camera does not do this picture justice.   When I brought this treasure home last year, the husband about disowned me - he could not believe that I would pay so much (It was not that expensive, James just doesn't know how much nice pictures normally cost) for a Santa picture.  But... this is the first piece I get compliments on every time someone comes over.  Jessica: 1, James: Zero.





And I'll leave you with a verse from one of my favorite Christmas songs.  Just make sure you read sing it in Bing Crosby's voice :)


It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas; 
Soon the bells will start, 
And the thing that will make them ring is the carol that you sing 
Right within your heart.





2 comments:

  1. I love your blog! I agree with the tree looking like a volcano. LOL. Everything is beautiful though. Hopefully you will find a new tree topper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Kendall - keep your eye out for a good one! Preferably one that lights up :)

    ReplyDelete