Monday, December 10, 2012

Christmas Fun, Part 2

So, Friday night was CiCi's and Christmas lights... if you missed that post, click here.

The last time I kept Olivia, I let her stay up WAY too late.  She stayed up until about 1:30am. Let me explain... first of all, we had a packed agenda and were busy until literally midnight.   You can read about some of our activities here. Then, when I started hinting that we should get ready for bed, she said... "but I'm at YOUR house, so I can stay up as late as I want." Here big pretty eyes and pouty lip could not be ignored, so I caved.  Since she hadn't stayed at my house in a while, I thought it would be a good idea to let her fall asleep to a movie to ease her into the lights being out in a strange house.

This doesn't happen often people, so embrace it when I say:  I. was. wrong.  I just knew that she would fall asleep the moment she got still. Nope.  She stayed up for the entire movie, then when the credits were rolling - she was up dancing and singing!

So, flash forward to Friday night.  Having learned from my mistake, Olivia and Roman were laying down by 10:30pm and asleep by 11pm.  This is still later than I had planned, but improvement nonetheless.  They needed their beauty sleep because the next day, I revealed the big surprise... We would be having breakfast with SANTA!

Santa was scheduled to land at the Orr Family Farm on Saturday morning at 10am.  I reserved seats weeks in advance so we wouldn't miss him.

We had a pancake breakfast. They had whipped cream and chocolate chips as toppings too! All of the kids were bouncing off the walls at this point.



 How cute is he?!




Craft time!




Then pictures with Santa and his elf.




 All the kids this time.


Story and Christmas caroling time!




 Then my favorite part - the train ride around the entire farm.





After the train, the kids got to ride the carousel.




I leave you with the many faces of Roman!  He cracks me up :)





No comments:

Post a Comment