Wednesday, December 12, 2012

12.12.12

Today is 12/12/12.

It was another crazy day at work so I am glad to be home.  Today's post is pretty random.

Last night I went to a play with a friend from work. Her 10 year old daughter was in the cutest musical.  Santa's elves ran into a group of pirates - the elves taught the pirates the lesson of how good it feels to give instead of always taking.  I loved it!




 On my way home, I tried to take a picture of the lights on our house. This is from across the road, so the patches of black are the trees blocking the view.  I have got to start using my real camera instead of my phone... ignore the crazy bush lights - I need to add a couple more sets.






James and I went to Raising Cains today for lunch.  I've decided I need one of these in my kitchen!




The Christmas cards have been pouring in - I've got to get mine out soon! The envelopes are getting fancier every year - and I love it!  In fact, I picked my Christmas cards this year because I love the envelope.   I removed the addresses to protect the innocent ;)








I read an interesting article today - I've never thought of this, but I'll definitely be paying closer attention to the number twelve.


It is generally thought that it takes twelve people, accomplishments, things or conditions to make one perfectly created item, for instance;
  • Twelve months completes a full year
  • Twelve apostles
  • Twelve signs of the zodiac
  • Twelve hours twice completes one full day
  • Twelve people sat on the UFO panel, the Majestic 12
  • Twelve divinities in Greek mythology
  • Twelve cranial nerves are in the human body
  • Twelve principle Gods in Greek religion
  • Twelve Days of Christmas
  • Twelve people on a jury
  • Twelve (roses, donuts, eggs, etc) 
  • Twelve people have walked on the moon
  • Twelve people sat at King Arthur's round-table
  • Twelve inches to a foot
  • Twelve steps in alcoholic anonymous
  • Twelve Tribes of Israel
  • Twelve constellations

If you want to read more, click here. 


Hope everyone is having a great week - the weekend is approaching!!



3 comments:

  1. I just noticed that Drew's head is cut off in my profile pic. I will have to edit that. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Christmas card is in the mail! I sent them yesterday :)

    ReplyDelete