Sunday, December 16, 2012

Haircut Disaster



On Saturday morning I planned to wake up early and be one of the first people at the mall.  I had several gifts I needed to pick up and the mall I needed to go to is notorious for running out of places to park. 

I have also needed a hair trim for weeks and failed to make an appointment sooner.  I thought I could quickly get a trim and it would already be styled to go out with the girls on Saturday night - so I swung into a hair salon in the mall.  I never do this. Ever.  I have a hairdresser that I love (Jo), so I thought I'd just get a trim and make an appointment for a color soon with Jo. 

Big mistake.
  
I knew that I was unhappy the moment I stepped foot outside of the salon. When I got home, James said it didn't look as bad as I'd portrayed over the phone. I almost felt better - but then.....as I turned to walk to the bathroom to try to fix it, James stopped me and said, "Wow, that really is uneven in the back. Is it supposed to look like you have a tail?"  What?  OMG - did he just ask if I had a tail?!!!!   

I immediately panicked and this is the message I sent to my real hairdresser 30 seconds after this conversation with James.





I packed up my stuff and was out the door in seconds..  I made the walk of shame into her salon to explain why I "cheated" on her with another hairdresser.  She finished up with her current client, sat me down and evaluated the damage.  We've been working on growing my hair out - that is down the drain now.  She straightened out what she could and I left a happy camper.

Before - note the 'tail', maybe mullet is appropriate too..

After
Thank goodness of Jo making herself available to fix my disaster.  I seriously considered canceling my plans with the girls to avoid public.  Since Jo worked her magic on me, I actually got compliments on the new haircut.  Whew - catastrophe averted! and....

Lesson Learned.





1 comment: